When to Replace Your Windshield Wiper Blades
- September 25, 2015
- Category: Cars, Detailing
For Cleveland drivers, the weather can be very uncertain in the fall and winter. One tool that is absolutely vital for safe driving in these seasons are your windshield wipers. Many drivers do not know when they should replace their wiper blades and why it is so important to do so. Replacing your wiper blades is a simple and inexpensive repair that can prevent very expensive damages. Here are a few different signs that your blades need to be replaced:
- If your blade scrapes or rattles when there is moisture on your windshield.
- Look under your wiper blades to check for any cracks or tears.
- Your blades are no longer able to make contact with your windshield.
- Blades are ineffective in the snow or rain.
- Loud noises while using your wipers.
- Rubber edges of the blades fraying or falling off.
Using windshield wipers that are damaged or worn not only can be dangerous for driving in poor weather, it can also cause considerable damage to your windshield. While new windshield wipers only cost about $20, repairing chips or scratches on your windshield cost considerably more. Not only will replacing your windshield wiper blades help keep you safe, it will also help to keep your car in top condition.
Are you looking for the best in town when it comes to automotive care? GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. offers premium detailing, transporting and storage for cars, boats, jet skis, RVs, motorcycles and more. Give us a call at (440) 937-4457 to see how we can help you. For more car care tips, be sure so follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.