Ten Essential Items You Should Always Keep in Your Car
- May 17, 2016
- Category: Cars, Detailing
With summer fast approaching, we all are daydreaming of road trips and beach outings. The warmer months tend to be a more active time for your car which is all the more reason to be prepared if something were to go wrong. While it is impossible to predict when car trouble will arise, there are several items that you can keep in your car in case of emergency. Since not all of us have AAA, having a contingency plan in place is always a good idea. Here are ten essential items you should have in your car at all times.
- Spare Tire & Jack – Getting a flat tire is always a drag. While most cars only come with a donut, having a full spare tire can save you a lot of time. Nobody wants to change a tire twice after all. If you have never changed a tire before, here is a simple how-to guide.
- Jumper Cables – If your car refuses to start, it is very possible that you left you lights on and your battery is dead. Jumper cables are a good way to ensure you have a plan that can get you to the nearest service station. While jumping your car does require some help, this task will be even more difficult without the proper equipment.
- Tire Inflator and Sealer – If your tire has a minor leak, this will allow you to plug the hole and allow you to drive to a shop where the tire can be replaced. Depending on the severity of your leak, this can be a good alternative to using your car’s donut as a spare.
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Although newer cars have computers that tell you when your tires are running low, this is not the case for all cars. A tire pressure gauge is a useful tool for not only checking to see if your tires need to be refilled but also as a guide when adding air to your tires. Check the recommended tire pressure for your car and make sure you are filling your tires accordingly.
- Flashlight – Emergency does not pay attention to time of day. Imagine your car breaks down at night. Nobody wants to try and change a tire in the dark! Don’t let yourself get stuck out in the dark.
- First Aid Kit – You never know when an injury could take place. Having a basic first aid kit can help you be prepared for anything from a minor scape to a life threatening injury. Better safe than sorry!
- Tool Box – While you don’t need to necessarily have a set that would make Tim Allen proud, keeping a small set of tools in your car is a good idea in-case you need to work on your car.
- Duct Tape – Depending on the type of damage to your car, sometimes you just need a piece to stay temporarily in place. For a quick and easy solution, duct tape works perfectly.
- Cell Phone Charger – It’s safe to say that most people nowadays have a cell phone. In case of emergency, it is important to always have a charger handy in case your phone dies.
- Road Flares – If you happen to be working on your car at night, a road flare can keep you from getting hit by oncoming traffic. A reflective triangle also can do the job as well.
Being prepared for every possible situation can make your driving experience a lot more carefree. Tell us what your summer driving plans on our Facebook or Twitter pages. Do you need to schedule a detail for your car before summer? GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. are Cleveland’s experts when it comes to auto detailing, storage and transporting. Give us a call at (440) 937-4457 or visit our website to learn about what we can do for your car.