How to Save Time Cleaning Your Home
- June 10, 2016
- Category: Hard Surface Maintenance, Natural Stone
With the hustle and bustle of daily life, it is hard to find the time to get all of your household chores done. With time in such short supply, any way you can save time when cleaning your home can be very helpful. Not only can these cleaning tips save you time, but they can also help keep your home cleaner for a longer period of time. Here are a list of useful tips that you can use to save time when cleaning your home.
- Remove Toilet Water Stains – Pour one cup of distilled white vinegar in your toilet bowl and let it sit overnight. Do this once a month to keep your toilet bowl looking spotless.
- Mirror/Faucet Water Spots – You can use dryer sheets to remove water stains from your bathroom mirror along with your bathroom fixture. No longer will you have to worry about constantly cleaning your bathroom sink area.
- Clean Natural Stone Backsplash – Use a high alkaline cleaner on your natural stone backsplash or countertops. Never use cleaners such as vinegar or all-purpose cleaners. They are acidic and can cause etching. A high alkaline cleaner will remove most grease and oils on the surface.
- Prevent Mold – Run an exhaust fan or open a window when showering to prevent mold in your bathroom. It is also helpful to squeegee all standing water to the drain after every shower.
- Rain X for Shower Glass – Apply Rain X to your shower glass door once every 3 months to prevent water spotting.
- Remove Bathtub Rings – Cut a grapefruit in half and sprinkle it with salt and use it to scrub your bathtub. The rings and soap scum that have built up over time will begin to fade away.
- Mask Trash Can Odors – Placing a few dryer sheets at the bottom of the trash can will not only help mask odors but can absorb spills as well. This is great for the kitchen.
- Protect Microwave Turntable – Microwaves can become very dirty and difficult to clean when neglected. Line the bottom of the microwave with several paper towels and remove one whenever you use it.
- Stainless Appliances – Use a stainless cleaner to clean stainless steel This can also be used to clean metal pots and pans as well.
- Sanitize Sponges – Are you worried about spreading bacteria around your kitchen or bathroom? Wet your sponges and put them in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. According to a study by the Journal of Environmental Health, this will eliminate 99% of bacteria.
Do you need help cleaning natural stone, concrete or tile/grout? GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. offers cleaning, sealing and refinishing services for residential hard surfaces to all of Northeastern Ohio. Give us a call at (440) 937-4457 or send us an email for a free estimate. We are also a master distributor for DuPont Stonetech cleaning and sealing products. Visit our website or call our office to place an order.