Caring for Natural Stone in Shower Areas
- February 17, 2015
- Category: Hard Surface Maintenance, Natural Stone, Tile & Grout
- Use appropriate cleaners for the stone surface in your shower. Never use abrasive or citrus-based cleaners.
- Invest in a squeegee and use on walls and shower doors after every use.
- Turn on the exhaust fan. Doing this will remove excess moisture from shower and bathroom area. Leave exhaust fan on after you shower to remove remaining moisture.
- Leave shower door and curtains open when possible to allow air to circulate and allow area to dry and help prevent the growth of mildew.
- Repair any loose/cracked grout and caulk immediately to avoid deeper moisture seepage and more costly repairs.
- Have all your stone surfaces sealed
regularly to protect and prolong their beauty for years to come – Every 2-3 years.