- Looking for a person with at least 2+ years’ experience working on or around boats in some capacity (detailing, service, parts, etc.)
- Valid, non-suspended Driver’s License.
- This is a year-round, full-time position.
- The Watercraft Manager position is a mixture of manual labor and manager.
- Your job will require you to manage the Watercraft Division (boats and jet skis) on a daily basis year-round. You will be managing, overseeing, performing (when needed) and providing estimates for the following services on a year-round basis:
- Additional services requested by customers
- Detailing services
- Mechanical services
- This job requires each job to be performed at the highest quality standards. If performing quality work is not something that comes naturally for you, then this job is probably not for you.
- The Watercraft Manager will be responsible for keeping all employees on track and time efficient.
- If being outside in the sun is a problem – then this job is probably not for you.
- Keeping all supplies, equipment, trailers and vehicles clean and neat on a daily basis.
- Talking and meeting with customers on work they need to have completed, scheduling the work and handle any customer complaints.
- Training of new hires within the department.
- Soliciting of storage customers for additional work they would like to have completed on their boat and/or jet ski.
- GK’s owns and operates storage facilities which are maintained year-round. During the months of: April, May, June, October and November – GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc.’s storage facilities are the busiest. As part of the Watercraft Manager’s job description; there will be times when you will be called upon to help within our Storage Division. During these months, GK’s will accept and release many storage items causing the Storage Manager to need additional help with the pulling and putting away of the above items. In addition, the Storage Manager needs help prepping many of these items for release during April, May and June.
- 7am – 4:30pm/5:00pm (July 1 – September 30) (December 1 – March 31) – Very few Saturdays, if so – 7:00am – 11:00am
- 7am – 5/6:00pm (October 1 – November 30) (April 1 – June 30) – Some Saturdays – 7:00am – 1:00pm
- A 1-hour unpaid break is given each day for lunch.
- Hours per week range between 45 and 55.
- This is a salaried position. The salary is listed below:
- $40,000 for the 1st year (Add the following for total 1st year compensation: cell phone $360.00, holiday pay $963.86, vacation/sick time $1,606.43 and healthcare $646.56 / TOTAL benefits for 1st year = $3,576.85)
- $42,500 for the 2nd year
- $45,000 for the 3rd year
For any of the positions listed, please fill out our online application using the link below. We also accept in person applications Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. If you would like to include your resume with your online application, please email resume to: email@example.com.