$13.50 to $14.50/hour
- If you are looking for year round stable employment with overtime hours available and if you are tired of jumping around from one job to another when your hours are cut or you are laid off – then GK’s is the place for you!
- Performing hard surface maintenance (natural stone, concrete and tile) within commercial establishments. Always something new and exciting.
- Automatic pay increases every 3 months for the first year
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO) days can be redeemed through the Hard Surface Technician Reward Program. All technicians are eligible after 90 days.
- Medical and Dental benefits available after 90 days
- This is a year round operation – we do not layoff in the winter months
- No experience necessary – training program provided
- Valid driver license required
- The hard surface division deals with all aspects of hard surface maintenance (grinding, honing, cleaning, polishing and sealing). We perform both commercial (hotels, businesses, restaurants, hospitals, churches, etc.) and residential work. On a daily basis you will be unloading and loading a trailer of supplies, operating polishers/grinders, extractor equipment and cleaning up the floors/areas that we are working on. This job is classified as light to medium manual labor. There is no regular heavy lifting required.
- There are some times during your job that you will need to operate a hand machine. This hand machine is used to polish both hard surface walls and difficult to reach areas on the floor. This requires that you are comfortable on your knees. We do have a full line of knee pads to utilize if so desired. If you have had problems with your knees in the past, then this job is not for you.
- Here and there GK’s has jobs where we might be vertically working on a hard surface. This work requires employees to sometimes be on a ladder and/or scaffolding. Employee must feel comfortable at working up to 20 feet on one of the above items.
- These tasks are not difficult, but need to be completed at a very high level of quality. GK’s reputation has been built on the quality of work performed for customers. There are no excuses for poor or unsatisfactory workmanship. Employees need to be responsible, reliable, and attentive to a high level of work quality.
- NIGHT work is usually from 7pm/8:00pm (or earlier) – 6:00am. Night work is performed Sunday night thru Thursday night during the hours listed above. There are times where you might need to work Friday and/or Saturday night. You must also be available to work on Saturday during the day – if work is scheduled.
- Hours worked per week for each position range between 35 and 50 total hours.
- $13.50 an hour with automatic pay increases every three months for the first six months, as long as attendance and punctuality requirements are met.
- Overtime available.
- GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. performs work throughout the United States. By accepting this position, both day and night technicians understand that travelling is part of this job’s requirements. Most out of town jobs are performed during third shift. Most jobs last between 2-5 days at a time. During this time – you will (usually) not be able to return to GK’s. GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. does perform regular out of town work. Only 2-3 technicians are needed for each job, so out of town travel for each technician only ends up being 6-8 times per year.
- If the above is something that is NOT agreeable to you – then this job is not for you.
HARD SURFACE TECH REWARD PROGRAM FOR ALL TECHNICIANS
This program is available for all Support and Head Hard Surface Technicians after 90 days of working at GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. You can earn points a host of different ways. Most popular point redemptions are Paid Days Off (PTO) and gift cards.
BEING A HEAD TECHNICIAN
Head Technicians are in charge of a team. If you become a skilled Hard Surface Technician, you might be eligible to be promoted to a Head Technician. Head Technicians are guaranteed a starting pay of $14.50 per hour.
- Opportunities for advancement and cross division hiring
- Company sponsored events throughout the year (Put-in-Bay, Bowling, Summer BBQ)
Applications being accepted:
Monday — Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc.
1215 Lear Industrial Parkway
Avon, OH 44011
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!