- If you are looking for year round stable employment with overtime hours available and if you are tired of jumping around from one job to another when your hours are cut or you are laid off – then GK’s is the place for you!
- Performing hard surface maintenance (natural stone, concrete and tile) within residential establishments. Always something new and exciting.
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO) days can be redeemed through the Hard Surface Technician Reward Program. All technicians are eligible after 90 days.
- Medical and Dental benefits available after 90 days
- This is a year round operation – we do not layoff in the winter months
- No experience necessary – training program provided
- Valid driver license required
- The hard surface division deals with all aspects of hard surface maintenance (grinding, honing, cleaning, polishing and sealing). We perform both commercial (hotels, businesses, restaurants, hospitals, churches, etc.) and residential work. On a daily basis you will be unloading and loading a trailer of supplies, operating polishers/grinders, extractor equipment and cleaning up the floors/areas that we are working on. This job is classified as light to medium manual labor. There is no regular heavy lifting required.
- There are some times during your job that you will need to operate a hand machine. This hand machine is used to polish both hard surface walls and difficult to reach areas on the floor. This requires that you are comfortable on your knees. We do have a full line of knee pads to utilize if so desired. If you have had problems with your knees in the past, then this job is not for you.
- Here and there GK’s has jobs where we might be vertically working on a hard surface. This work requires employees to sometimes be on a ladder and/or scaffolding. Employee must feel comfortable at working up to 20 feet on one of the above items.
- These tasks are not difficult, but need to be completed at a very high level of quality. GK’s reputation has been built on the quality of work performed for customers. There are no excuses for poor or unsatisfactory workmanship. Employees need to be responsible, reliable, and attentive to a high level of work quality.
- DAY work is usually from 7am/7:30am – 4pm/6:00pm. Day work is performed Monday thru Friday during the hours listed above. You must also be available to work on Saturday during the day.
- Hours worked per week for each position range between 35 and 50 total hours.
- $13.00 an hour.
- Overtime available.
- GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. does perform work out of town. Most of our overnight jobs are performed by our Night Shift teams and last between 2-5 days at a time. GK’s rotates the teams assigned to out of town jobs so that it ends up being only several times per year, per team.
- If the above is something that is NOT agreeable to you – then this job is not for you.
HARD SURFACE TECH REWARD PROGRAM FOR ALL TECHNICIANS
This program is available for all Support and Head Hard Surface Technicians after 90 days of working at GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. You can earn points a host of different ways. Most popular point redemptions are Paid Days Off (PTO) and gift cards.
BEING A HEAD TECHNICIAN
Head Technicians are in charge of a team. If you become a skilled Hard Surface Technician, you might be eligible to be promoted to a Head Technician. Head Technicians are guaranteed a starting pay of $14.50 per hour.
- Opportunities for advancement and cross division hiring
- Company sponsored events throughout the year (Put-in-Bay, Bowling, Summer BBQ)
For any of the positions listed, please fill out our online application using the link below. We also accept in person applications Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. If you would like to include your resume with your online application, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.