- Having a willingness to learn, be taught, and accept instruction and criticism.
- Being organized
- Double and triple checking your work
- High school diploma / GED required
- Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- QuickBooks Online (Will train, if needed)
- 2 years required in customer service industry
- Background Check and Driving Record: Due to the importance of this job and your interaction with customers, you must pass a background check and have a clean driving record. There is a large amount of our commercial accounts that, in addition to GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc.’s background check and driver verification process, conduct their own background check(s) that you will have to pass in order to be able to accept this position.
- The Director of the Hard Surface Division position is designed to manage both the residential and commercial divisions.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems within the division – from start to finish.
- Managing the Operations of the Hard Surface Division.
- Being fully knowledgeable in hard surface maintenance and restoration is not a required item for this position. (This will be trained.)
- Assisting the Hard Surface Director of Sales with training and employee reviews.
- Getting Hard Surface Technicians started on difficult jobs (this will take time)
- Training Hard Surface Technicians on new equipment and techniques (this will take time)
- Managing and organizing all Hard Surface equipment and supplies (Facilities Department manages all equipment and repairs)
- Purchasing and picking up supplies on a day to day basis
- Seeing to it that all trailers and trucks stay organized (Facilities Department helps with some of this)
- Returning emails and phone calls within the same day
- Answering the phone while in the office
- Meeting with customers (both Residential and Commercial) to take care of issues
- Keeping an organized list (short term and long term) of tasks that need to be done on a day to day basis
- Assisting (as needed) all hard surface technicians
- Producing a weekly report as to what jobs have not been finished and why (repairs, short on time, etc.)
- Making sure all out of town jobs have what they need prior to leaving.
- Aiding in creating an atmosphere where employees feel appreciated via words of encouragement, notes for jobs well done, gifts (via company credit card), etc.
- The Director of the Hard Surface Division might be required to travel several times per year to manage Hard Surface jobs/projects.
- The Director of the Hard Surface Division must be willing to travel anywhere from 1-3 days at a time.
$55,000 1st year with automatic increases thereafter
(Please see onsite job description for current incentive bonus.)
PAID TIME OFF
GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. will provide the Operations Manager of the Hard Surface Division with 10 workdays’ worth of paid vacation (and/or) sick time during their 1st year at the company. GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. will provide employee with the following number of paid vacation (and/or) sick time after 1 year:
- 2nd year – 11 days
- 3rd year – 12 days
- 4th year – 13 days
- 5th year – 14 days
The Director of the Hard Surface Division hours will be as follows:
- No weekend hours are usually needed.
- Monday – Friday: 6:45am – 5:00pm, includes a 1-hour lunch
- Once a month: Meet Night Shift technicians at GK’s to review job, catch-up, build camaraderie, training, etc. (Somewhere between 30 minutes – 1 hour total, depending)
- Once a month: Show up at evening technician’s jobs to check in. (Somewhere between 1 hour – 2 hours total, depending)
- Evening visits per month should look like: 1 week on, 1 week off, 1 week on, 1 week off
For any of the positions listed, please fill out our online application using the link below. We also accept in person applications Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. If you would like to include your resume with your online application, please email resume to: email@example.com.