$13.00/hour with automatic pay increases
- If you are looking for year round stable employment with overtime hours available and if you are tired of jumping around from one job to another when your hours are cut or you are laid off – then GK’s is the place for you!
- Automatic pay increases every 3 months for the first year
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after 1 year
- Medical & Dental benefits available after 90 days
- This is a year round operation – we do not layoff in the winter months
- No experience necessary – training program provided
- Valid driver license required
JOB DESCRIPTION (Auto, Boat, RV and Motorcycle Detailers)
- This job is manual labor.
- There are times during your job that you will need to operate a hand machine. This hand machine is used to polish both automobiles and boats. This requires that you are comfortable on your knees. We do have a full line of knee pads to utilize if so desired. If you have had problems with your knees in the past, then this is probably not the job for you.
- These tasks are not difficult, but need to be completed at a very high level of quality. GK’s reputation has been built on the quality of work performed for customers. There are no excuses for poor or unsatisfactory workmanship. Employees need to be responsible, reliable, and attentive to a high level of work quality.
- GK’s owns and operates storage facilities which are maintained year round. During the months of: April, May, October and November – GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc.’s storage facilities are the busiest. As part of the Detailing job description; there will be times when you will be called upon to work within our Storage Division. During these months, GK’s will accept and release many storage items causing the Storage Manager to need additional help with the pulling and putting away of the above items. In addition, the Storage Manager needs help prepping many of these items for release during April and May.
- If being outside in the sun is a problem – then this job is probably not for you.
- On a daily basis the detailing shop will need to be cleaned, products re-filled, wash done and other misc. duties. These duties are part of your job description.
- Full Time hours start time: 7am – 4:30/5:30pm (July 1 – September 30) (December 1 – March 31) – Very few Saturdays, if so – 7:00am – 1:00pm
- Full Time hours start time: 7am – 5/6:00pm (October 1 – November 30) (April 1 – June 30) – Some Saturdays – 7:00am – 2:00pm
- A 1-hour unpaid break is given each day for lunch.
- Hours per week range between 35 and 50.
- Part Time hours for full days 7am – 4:30/5:30pm (July 1 – September 30) (December 1 – March 31) and 7am – 5/6:00pm (October 1 – November 30) (April 1 – June 30)
- Part time ½ days are 7:00am – Noon and 12:30pm – 5:30pm.
- $13.00 an hour with automatic pay increases every three months during the first year, as long as attendance and punctuality requirements are met.
- Overtime available
- Paid Holidays after 90 Days
- Opportunities for advancement and cross division hiring
- Company sponsored events throughout the year (Put-in-Bay, Bowling, Summer BBQ)
- No night or Sunday hours
For any of the positions listed, please fill out our online application using the link below. We also accept in person applications Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. If you would like to include your resume with your online application, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.