JOB DESCRIPTION (Storage)
- Accepting and releasing all storage items. Staying on top of what vehicles are being released and making sure that the vehicles are ready to go when the customer desires to pick them up.
- Put away all storage items as they arrive (tagging of keys, signs in front window, covering, tendering the batteries and putting cushion mats under all tires.)
- Review all dropped off storage items for repairs/additional services that could be performed
- Properly document all work that the items could use: detailing and additional services
- Blocking and de-blocking all boats in our facility with lifts and stands
- Showing potential customers GK’s storage spaces and allowing current customer’s access
JOB DESCRIPTION (Transport)
- If you do not currently hold a CDL Class A driver’s license, you will be required that you acquire your CDL license within the first month of accepting this position. These courses will be paid for by GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. Once the CDL License is acquired, you will be asked to stay a minimum of 1 year at GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc. If at any time during that year you are terminated or choose to leave GK’s Custom Polishing, Inc., the course fee will have to be paid in full either by direct payment or by payroll deduction.
- Having a CDL License requires that you be drug free. Mandatory physicals and drug tests will be administered on a regular basis. This is an ODOT law.
- Transporting all vehicles or boats during storage season – to and from our facility.
- Manage the company’s transporting throughout the year: vehicles, boats, motorcycles, etc…
- Handle all Auto Show transports. There are several shows throughout the year.
- There may be times throughout the year where a transport could be regional. Most GK’s transports are local and overnight stay is not needed. Here and there, there are regional transports that might require a 1-2 night stay. They out of town transports are arranged usually weeks in advance.
- Know or be taught the ins and outs of transporting.
- Having a willingness to learn, be taught, and accept instruction and criticism.
- Having and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
- CDL – Class A (Preferred, but not required)
- DOT Medical Card (Preferred, but not required)
- Hours during the spring and fall might be later into the evening and during the height of the storage season there will be partial Saturdays.
- Normal storage/transport hours will be: 7:00am – 5:00pm.
- A 1-hour unpaid break is given each day for lunch.
This is a salaried position. The salary is listed below:
- $50,000 for the 1st year
- $52,500 for the 2nd year
- $55,000 for the 3rd year